When ever someone thinks of visiting some where exotic in the Caribbean, places like Dominican Republic, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Aruba and Barbados come to mind. The Caribbean has indeed established a reputation as a tropical paradise. Vacationers from all around the world travel to the Caribbean annually for island getaways, tropical climates, lush beaches and of course the friendly people that make up this vacation heaven.
But those destinations aren’t always fitting for everyone, some people want peace and quiet when they go on vacation, and with these popular destinations its going to be hard to find that escape route that one might be looking for.
This doesn’t necessarily mean that the Caribbean isn’t right for you, you’re just simply not looking deep enough. So guess what? I’m going to share with you the top 5 best kept jewels in the Caribbean!! Destinations that go unrecognized, but have all the same amenities just a lesser crowd.
- Antigua- Offering something unlike other Caribbean destinations, Antigua is famous for their 365 beaches, that’s a beach for everyday of year!! No other country in the Caribbean can offer you this. It turns out that this small island has so many things to do, from zip lining, snorkeling, scuba diving, visiting sting ray cay, the volcanic Montserrat, to simply laying out and soaking up the rays.
- Belize- The best of both worlds don’t ya think? One part anchored in the Central American jungles while the other lays in the Caribbean Sea. Belize is a famous cruise ship destination, but rarely do tourist have the time to really enjoy and explore this one of kind destination. Belize allows Kayakers to glide from one sandy, verdurous islet to another, while snorkelers swim through crystal clear turquoise waters, viewing a mixture of colorful fish, corals and reefs that surround the country of Belize. This is a bird watchers paradise like no other, on land you will always find a flock of bird watchers somewhere admiring some of the beautiful creations the country has to offer. Belize is a heaven for creatures whether it be land, sea or sky.
- Curacao- The best way to describe Curacao is real vs surreal, from the thronged capital, to the old dutch homestead. Curacao offers a European charm with a Latin flare, where else do you know offers a mixture like this? Downtown Willemstead is famous for everything from nightlife, entertainment, shopping, restaurants to the famous floating bridge. One thing you must do while in Curacao is cross the floating bridge while opening, I guarantee this will be something to witness if not be apart of!
- Dominica- An allure of natural beauty, Dominica a country with its share of wildness and undeveloped touristic atmospheres, offers many perks for enervated travelers in search of tropical paradise. Offering a variety of waterfalls, natural springs and rivers, Dominica is home to motion picture film Pirates of the Caribbean due to the island being covered in rain forest. Dominica is one of my favorite humble yet adventurous getaways.
- Haiti- A country always in the dark, sadly brought to life in the recent 2010 Earthquake that nearly destroyed the entire island. Despite everything the country of Haiti has been through it is still one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean. Famous for its loving and welcoming people, Haiti offers a variety of activities for both adults and children. While in Haiti one must explore the array of mountains, parks, lakes, valleys,and beaches on the island. I recommend that you roam the streets of Haiti and truly experience Haiti first hand.